Date:      Mon, 30 Oct 2000 13:24:42 +0100
From:      Per Tore Larsen <per.tore.larsen@fernonorden.com>
To:        "'freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Vtun 2.3 and FreeBSD 4.1.1

Hi.

Have a problem one of you might be able to help me with.
If any actually has build the vtun port, please tell me how you did this.
(The system described is a "clean install". With only bash and pine
installed from the ports collection. Everything else is default.

When I try to make the the vtun 2.3 under FreeBSD 4.1.1 I get the following
error message:
(the port is located under: /usr/ports/net/vtun)

*-- Start *--

bash-2.04# make
This port requires the OpenSSL libarary, which is part of the FreeBSD
crypto distribution but not installed on your machine.  Please see the
"OpenSSL" section in the handbook for instructions on how to obtain and
install the FreeBSD OpenSSL distribution.
** Error code 1

Stop.

Huh?? To my knowlede OpenSSL is installed by default in FreeBSD 4.0 and
greater.

When to http://www.FreeBSD.org/handbook/openssl.html only to verify this.
The only option that the handbook could help me with, was that if I wanted
some US restricted crypto options I needed to define this in
'/etc/make.conf'
and run 'make world'. Well, the file '/etc/make.conf' does not exist on my
system, and I have never run 'make world' so I desided this shouldn't be
nessesary for this port to work.  I'm I wrong in this?

My system:
Freebsd 4.1.1
IPFILTER and IPFILTER_LOG compiled in kernel.
Running NAT and a simple IPF config.
Ports installed:
Bash2
Pine