Date:      Thu, 20 Oct 2005 17:58:32 +0100
From:      Jim Hatfield <subscriber@insignia.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anyone else having stunnel problems?

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 16:43:45 +0100, in local.freebsd.ports you wrote:

>The recent upgrade of openssl, combined with upgrading stunnel,
>means that the daemon dies as soon as a connection is made:

OK so I have used portdowngrade to downgrade openssl to 0.9.7g,
and stunnel to 4.10. The portupgrade -f of openssl went OK, so
I now have libcrypto.so.3 and not libcrypto.so.4.

However when I try to build stunnel I get:

>=3D=3D=3D>   stunnel-4.10 depends on file: /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so.4=
 - not found

Where is it configured to require that particular version?
I see nothing in the Makefile.

This is killing me, I have someone out in Thailand at a customer
site who gets his mail via imap/ssl and he's now cut off. It's
things like this which makes me want never to upgrade a machine
once it's installed and working, but with openssl you don't have
a choice since the upgrades are to fix security problems.