Date:      03 Aug 1997 12:02:45 -0700
From:      Faried Nawaz <fn@Hungry.COM>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NIS Woes

gary@shell.tbe.net (Gary D. Margiotta) writes:

  For some reason ypxfrd and yppush cannot
  communicate with the master server.  We've tried setting different things
  in /etc/rc.conf, but we aren't sure if there are some flags or settings
  that we're missing.  If anyone can give me some ideas, I appreciate the
  help.

Exactly why can't the master communicate with the slaves?  What error
messages do you see?  How have you set up the slaves?