Date:      Mon, 09 Sep 1996 11:21:53 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Grrr. NFS to a Sun (Slowaris 5.5.1)

[ cut to -current; 3 groups is definite overkill, Charles! :( ]

> Its been my impression that the NFS on FreeBSD went really downhill between
> 0612 and 0801 ...  I've been having all sorts of annoying pauses and glitches
> to a RS/6000 as well, but nothing nearly as bad as to the sparc.

You'd be right in that impression - NFS clientry is now one of the
easiest way to crash yourself in -current.

> Hints anyone?

Find us an NFS guru with a little free time? :-) The #1 problem with
FreeBSD and NFS isn't a technical one, it's a personnel problem.  The
number of people who truly understand that code can literally be
counted on one hand, and all of them are in high demand. :-(

						Jordan