Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 2000 11:22:30 -0800
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@sigbus.com>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NFS mounts in /etc/fstab fail to mount at boot

> I have a system that does that. Specifically, the *first* time I boot it
> after powering it on, the NFS mounts time out. If I interrupt them, the next
> thing that tries to use the network card times out. If I reboot it after
> having the network up, everything works fine.
>
> I assume it's a problem with the card initialization, but haven't gotten
> around to looking into it. Are you seeing that kind of behavior by any
> chance.

Okay so I went through it again, and this time I noticed a error 'cant get
netid' message.  Based on what you suggested I placed a ifconfig ti0 up;sleep
2 in /etc/rc just before the call to the NFS mounts, which seems to have
patched the problem.  As you say, must be network initialization problems.

Thanks!

-Crh

      Charles Henrich       Manex Visual Effects       henrich@sigbus.com

                       http://www.sigbus.com/~henrich