Date:      Mon, 14 Sep 1998 08:10:48 -0500
From:      Michael Maxwell <drwho@xnet.com>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   innd 1.7.2 issues...

I wonder if anyone is aware of any new exploits concerning innd 1.7.2?
I have not seen anything on CERT recently.

I noticed that I have been getting several refused connections to my nnrpd
port -- naturally I disallow all connections outside my local site, so the
logs show the connection as "no permission".

Normally, this wouldn't concern me, but the last 2 weeks or so, I have
gotten maybe 15 connections of this type, when normally I get none.  The
connections are USUALLY from different domains (I think only once was
there a repeat)

--
drwho @ xnet.com  --   http://www.xnet.com/~drwho/
"Freedom of government is good, but freedom FROM government is better."