Date:      Mon, 29 Jul 1996 09:21:40 -0700
From:      gshaffer@nosc.mil (Greg Shaffer)
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem with current & XFree86

Yesterday I ctm'd the latest deltas for src-cur (up to src-cur.2035) and
applied them the my systems which was current up to src-cur.2002. Prior to
the update the system ran great without a burp for over a week (the only
reason I took it down was to do the update!). Now when I try to bring up X
& fvwm, the console locks up as the text for X server scrolls by with the
configuration.

The system does not respond to any input, I can't switch to other vt, etc,
basicly I have to reset the machine.

The system successfully completed a make world, I rebuild the kernel and I
have not changed my XF86 configuration at all.

My system is a P5-100/Zappa MB, 24MB RAM, AHA-2940, and ATI Mach64 video.

Anybody else run into this problem?

Greg Shaffer