Date:      Mon, 14 May 2001 08:57:09 +0200 (SAT)
From:      John Hay <jhay@icomtek.csir.co.za>
To:        sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [sysinstall bootstrapping issues [Was: -CURRENT b0rked?]]

> > > It looks like kbdcontrol is not very happy.
> >
> > Ok, here is a patch that fix the problem for me. The problem is that
> > a second call to mkfullname() will reuse the memory at the pointer that
> > it returns, so you have to preserve it before then.
>
> OOPS, sorry. I've overlooked it. Should be fixed now. Interesting
> that on my system it worked like a charm.

Do you set malloc options with /etc/malloc.conf maybe? The J option
will cause this and it is on by default in -current. You didn't switch
it off maybe?

> 4.3 upgrade path is likely to be still broken , because kbdcontrol(8)
> in 4-STABLE doesn't honour KEYMAP_PATH environment variable.
> Perhaps kbdcontrol should be added into bootstrap tools to fully fix
> the problem.

Won't it be good enough to merge KEYMAP_PATH to stable? Or do we need
to be able to upgrade to -current from any 4.x?

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay@icomtek.csir.co.za