Date:      Thu, 20 Jun 2002 02:00:51 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
Cc:        Mikhail Teterin <mi+mx@aldan.algebra.com>, "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>, mi+celsius@aldan.algebra.com, jstocker@tzi.de, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: C++ troubles continue

Alfred Perlstein wrote:

> I dunno, mergemaster seems to do a really good job of doing the
> "file exists here, but not here" thing, I think if someone inverted
> the logic it could fill this role nicely.

	The problem is that going one direction is easy because we have an
authoritative source for where to start (/usr/src/etc/Makefile). Going
the other direction is fraught with major danger, since we have no way
to know what wacky stuff the user might have done. Note, this is why
I've never even tried adding a "clean my /etc/ directory" feature to mm.

> It's all your fault anyhow, except for your evil two space indents
> your code is too good/useful to be left alone. :)

	The evil two space indents are there on purpose as skuldeflectors...

--
   "We have known freedom's price. We have shown freedom's power.
      And in this great conflict, ...  we will see freedom's victory."
          State of the Union, January 28, 2002

         Do YOU Yahoo!?