Date:      17 Aug 2002 22:56:39 +0000
From:      Josh Paetzel <friar_josh@webwarrior.net>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   docs/30556  non-issue/close it out

Problem Report docs/30556
vnconfig man page incorrect; functionality seems to be missing too
Confidential
no
Severity
non-critical
Priority
low
Responsible
freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
State
open
Class
doc-bug
Submitter-Id
current-users
Arrival-Date
Thu Sep 13 11:20:01 PDT 2001
Last-Modified
never
Originator
Vivek Khera <khera@kciLink.com>
Release
FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE i386
Environment
System: FreeBSD onceler.kciLink.com 4.3-STABLE FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE #13:
Thu Jul 5 16:49:55 EDT 2001
khera@onceler.kciLink.com:/u/onceler1/usr/src/sys/compile/ONCELER i386

Description
The vnconfig man page gives these examples:

 EXAMPLES:

	vnconfig vn0c /tmp/diskimage

		configures the vnode disk vn0c
.
		vnconfig -e vn0c /var/swapfile swap

		configures vn0c and enables swapping on it.

Trying the first one gives an error.  Apparently you can only vnconfig
the base device, vn0, not vn0c.  This leads us to the problem that the
feature mount=/path is useless, since you cannot do  vnconfig vn0
/tmp/diskimage mount=/mnt nor  vnconfig -e vn0c /tmp/diskimage
mount=/mnt since the former is attempting to mount /dev/vn0 and the
latter attempts to vnconfig vn0c, both of which are not allowed.

How-To-Repeat

see above

All of the examples worked fine on my collection of 4.x-STABLE machines.
I think this PR can be safely closed out.

Josh