Date:      Mon, 28 Aug 2000 06:50:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: misc/20866: On new installation packages depending on Compat22 do not install

The following reply was made to PR misc/20866; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To: "stork" <stork@qnet.com>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 15:40:24 +0200

 On Mon, 28 Aug 2000 06:19:06 MST, "stork" wrote:

 > On Alt-F2 there was a message that Compat22 was needed, even though I had
 > installed it. Clearly Compat22 when installed is not seen by the OS until
 > the system reboots.
 >
 > It might be a good idea to recompile for ELF some of the popular packages
 > like KDE, so most people will not need Compat22.

 Can you not send exact text messages?  Without them, this is difficult
 to diagnose.

 Also, there's not much inclination to diagnose your claims, because I
 know that I managed to set up my wife's 4.0-RELEASE workstation with KDE
 without any such problem.

 Ciao,
 Sheldon.