Date:      Sat, 10 Jan 2009 20:07:32 +0200
From:      Dmitriy Demidov <dima_bsd@inbox.lv>
To:        Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IBM POWER6 and FreeBSD

On Saturday 10 January 2009, Nathan Whitehorn wrote:

> How long do you have this machine for? I'm in the middle of adding
> support for systems like this in Perforce, but it is still a little raw.
>   Depending on whether the machine supports the 64-bit bridge mode
> facility, the kernel may at least begin to boot now, but I can't locate
> a manual for the POWER6 to check.
> -Nathan

Hi Nathan.

It is hard to predict, actually... The last thing that I heard about this IBM
Power system is that it will stay in my organization for some time, but it
will be sold out in near future.

I have a plans for self education in IBM virtualization technologies on this
system. Right now it is unpartitioned but I am gonna to split it in LPARS as
soon as I got CoD for it.

I will be happy to take part and test you Perforce project while I have access
to this machine.