Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 1996 01:45:07 +0900 (JST)
From:      Michael Hancock <michaelh@cet.co.jp>
To:        Doug Rabson <dfr@render.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Recent hacking (was Re: FreeBSD 2.2.x release question)

On Thu, 17 Oct 1996, Doug Rabson wrote:

> It would be extremely helpful if those of you who have NFS problems to
> actually get your hands into the code and figure out what is happening in
> your environment.  I know this is not always possible but certainly some
> of you can.  A good example here is Hidetoshi Shimokawa who had a problem
> with write performance, got into the code and found a solution.  This has
> two benefits:  better performance for NFS and one more person who
> understands (some of) how this monster works.

The debugging process of that thread and the SYN stuff was pretty
enjoyable.  I was deleting through most of the other stuff and there was a
lot of stuff to delete recently.

Unfortunately, I deleted the early background of the "Disappearing
Directory Problem".  Which I didn't notice was interesting until the tail
end of the thread.

Karl, would you mind recapping where you are with the "getcwd" thing?

Regards,

Mike Hancock