Date:      Wed, 26 Jul 2000 10:35:08 -0500 (CDT)
From:      David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com>
To:        Chris Piazza <cpiazza@jaxon.net>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Quiet cpu fans

On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Chris Piazza wrote:

:Hi,
:
:I wasn't really sure where to post this so I figured chat would be safe.
:
:I'm looking for suggestions on where to get extremely quiet CPU fans.
:I'm not really worried too much about the price as long as shipping
:to Canada isn't going to kill me.
:
:The fans that are in my (dual cpu, celeron) system are slowly driving
:me insane...

You could by a MacCube, and work on the PPC port...

My solution at home was to have a diskless 486, only needs a power supply fan, on my
desk, and the real machine in another room.  It died, so I have the dual CPU
box on the desk at home, with two cpu fans, a powersupply fan, a case fan, a
fan in an ISA slot, and a fan on a disk drive, fans in the external disk
box, CDR, and tape drives.  It drives me absolutely nuts.

David