Date:      Fri, 19 Dec 2008 12:43:13 +0000
From:      Craig Butler <craig001@lerwick.hopto.org>
To:        Gavin Atkinson <gavin.atkinson@ury.york.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tier 2 Support

> Are you talking about the Blade 100's (the desktop-style machines) or
> the B100 Blades (Sun's early attempt at Blade servers)?  If you're
> talking the former, I can confirm that FreeBSD runs very well on them,
> however I don't believe the on-board network card is supported on the
> latter.

aye,

If its the b100s that slot into a b1600 chassis FreeBSD doesn't
currently work with the cassini nics that are in the chassis.... yet

I am in the process of working with openbsd developers to try and port
theirs over.  Unfortunately work is getting in the way, our product is
being released to the public shortly and its all hands to the pumps.

Craig B