Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2000 22:48:21 +0530
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        Tim Ryder <jawse@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, FreeBSD Chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: The joys of Windows

Tim Ryder said on Jul 18, 2000 at 09:56:00:
> I dont see why everyone here hates windows.  I am a

Another thing: I think you missed the point of the original mail,
which wasn't a general crib mail, but documented a specific deficiency
in windows: namely, it sometimes automatically deletes files in the
home area on logout if the "roaming profile directory" (whatever that
is) is set to the home directory (though apparently you can safely set
it to a subdirectory of the home directory).  I think further comment
is unnecessary.  I challenge you to find anything comparable in the
history of unix.

R.