Date:      Mon, 27 Aug 2001 16:55:10 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Jimmy Olgeni <olgeni@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-qa@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: XFree86-4 & ISO

On Sun, 26 Aug 2001, Jordan Hubbard wrote:

> As to the lottery for packages on CD #1, that is indeed what
> print-cdrom-packages is for, though as you've also correctly surmised,
> the resulting package set also has to _fit_ or the follow-up commit
> will only be one which removes things again.  Good luck. :)

I actually managed to get the package set under 400MB (!), that is the
current size of the -rc1 packages, and there's still some free space.

I also put some larger applications on the 3rd CD, leaving the 2nd CD
empty for the usual stuff (repository, demos, etc). If you don't mind
I'd like to commit the latest version (same location), it looks good
for a -release.

If it doesn't work you could back it out and poke fun of me :)

--
jimmy