Date:      Sun, 26 May 2002 02:27:45 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Marco Trentini <marco.t@unix.remotelab.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: About Problem Report docs/37029

On 2002-05-24 17:43, Marco Trentini wrote:
> Hello, I am the originator of the Problem Report docs/37029.  Into
> the pr there is the translation in Italian language the course of
> Unix of the Ohio State University in the DocBook DTD (SGML) format.
> It doesn't need of fix! Is it not good? What is the problem?

Hello Marco,

First of all, thank you for submitting this problem report.  Your
contributions, are always welcome and much valued.  Do not think, not
even for a moment that the FreeBSD Documentation Team ignores you or
does not care about your work.

Please do try to understand though, that in order for something like
this to be added, one of the committers who are working on the Italian
translations has to check it out.  I would most gladly help you with
getting this or other changes committer, but my Italian is not exactly
fluent, and I don't want to make changes to our documentation that I
can not personally check in detail.  When one of the Italian speaking
committers has the time to check this article out, I'm sure they will.

This notice you sent to freebsd-doc is also a nice thing.  Some times,
it's nice to be reminded of the things that need to be done ;-)

There is also another issue with the uuencoded document.  At the
description you mentioned the Ohio State University.  Who is the
author of the document?  Does the author allow for this document to be
distributed under the copyright of the FreeBSD Documentation Project?
If not, what are the terms of the license this document is distributed
under?

Cheers,

--
Giorgos Keramidas    - http://www.FreeBSD.org