Date:      Thu, 28 Oct 1999 20:34:58 +0200
From:      Oren Sarig <sarig@bezeqint.net>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AVM Fritz PCI

<snip>
>> I can launch isdnd and it runs. Every once
>> in a while I get the message:
>>
>> i4b-L1-timer4_expired: state = F3 Deactivated
>we had this some time ago, i guess, but i can't remember what this means. but
>it doesn't look to good.
<snip>
>if you try to connect,.can you ping other machines and do http, ftp  and
>all the other stuff work?

Well, if I ignore the other messages, then I'm pretty much ok. I opened
isdnd in interactive mode so I could monitor everything. If I do `ifconfig
isp0 up`, isdnd shows it's connecting, and finally connects. Every once in
a while it disconnects and says the reason was a "normal disconnect". I
noticed this happenes whenever the `/kernel: i4b-L1-timer4_expired: state =
F3 Deactivated' message appears. After that, I have to do an `ifconfig isp0
down` and `ifconfig isp0 up` to reconnect.

Anyways, even when I am connected, the net doesn't work. I try to ping my
ISP's DNS, and it doesn't get a response. When I try to ping a domain, it
doesn't respond either.

What's wrong? Why does isdnd disconnect whenever the message appears? Why
doesn't `ifconfig isp0 up` reconnect me, and I have to do an `ifconfig isp0
down` before that? Why can't I access the network?

TIA,

--
Oren Sarig
sarig@bezeqint.net