Date:      Mon, 02 Dec 1996 13:16:00 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        "Eric L. Hernes" <erich@lodgenet.com>
Cc:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Status report...

Hi,

> I just tested a kernel from this morning (12/1).  It is *much* better
> than the one I tried last week.  Last week I got lots of sig11's, but
> I haven't seen one yet!  But I am getting a few silo overflows
> from the mouse, dmesg shows:
>
> sio1: 1 more silo overflow (total 1)
> sio1: 209 more interrupt-level buffer overflows (total 209)
> ed0: device timeout
> which are probably all interrupt related, no?  These only show up
> under load, like `make -j8', but it's definately useable!

I'm in the middle of testing the various flavors right now.
I got several "de0 device timeout"s, have never seen these b4.
This was with APIC_IO on, am about to test non APIC_IO version.
Sounds INTerrupt realted, but I haven't had a chance to look at it
yet...

--
Steve Passe	| powered by
smp@csn.net	|            FreeBSD