Date:      Fri, 21 Feb 2003 16:15:59 +0300 (EAT)
From:      "Patrick J Okui" <pokui@one2net.co.ug>
To:        <adrianbsd@globalpc.net>
Cc:        <aravindb@vsnl.com>, <oksala@videotron.ca>, <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Symantec Ghost-like app for UFS?

< Adrian Gonzalez seems to have said >

> Just a quick note to thank everyone for all the suggestions.
>
> I was looking for something as automatic as possible (boot a flopy..
> clone  disk adjusting partition sizes.. done).  We are an ISP and
> regularly set up  FreeBSD boxes for customers that need a mail
> server/inet gateway, and throw  in webmail, email virus scanning,
> webmin, the works.
>
> Up until now we've been manually installing (and updating) these boxes
> one  by one and it's getting kinda tedious to say the least.  Plus
> there's just  a couple of us here that can do the installs, so it would
> be great to have  something that anybody can use to clone the latest
> -STABLE install with all  the goodies.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but sysinstall can be
scripted. I'm about to try it myself, but from what I can tell, you edit/usr/src/release/sysinstall/install.cfg and then do a 'make release' in
/usr/src/release....(someone more knowlegeble on this please chip in)...

So what u end up with is CD1 (and optionally CD2) that usually ships as
the distribution set... man release(7) should have more on this...
HTH,
Patrick.