Date:      Fri, 28 Aug 1998 10:40:55 +1000
From:      George Michaelson <ggm@dstc.edu.au>
To:        John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: 3 days to E-day

  Be warned that the upgrade to elf will break ports. It will take some time
  for the ports crew to update all the ports makefiles to cater for the
  elf system. We hope that moving the installed libs from /usr/local/lib
  to /usr/local/lib/aout will not break the installed ports. There are too
  many combinations to test this out though.

I'm an ould ould lazy codger. Can you give the one line canonical recipe for
manually making a port or munging its makefile to make it make? Being elf
could be rilly kule (tm) but loosing some o' dem ports is a pain.

-George
--
George Michaelson         |  DSTC Pty Ltd
Email: ggm@dstc.edu.au    |  University of Qld 4072