Date:      Tue, 4 May 2004 20:16:20 +0200
From:      Lukasz Stelmach <Lukasz.Stelmach@telmark.waw.pl>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   if_stf bug/feature

--V0207lvV8h4k8FAm

Greetings.

stf interface has one feature, very inconvinient for me. As far as i could
read the source it returns ENETDOWN if the inet4 address of the machine's
net interface (primary or the one would be used) does not match proper
part of stf's address. This is ok if one has public, routable ip4 address.
Since my machine is behind a firewall that forwards and nats all proto
41 ip packets I'd rather stf didn't complain about it.

Now what would you suggest? I may comment out the "if" in if_stf.c:348.
However this check should be done in general but there also should be
some at-runtime method to overide it (maybe sysctl
net.inet6.ip6.strictstfaddr?).

The line number applies to 4.10-PRERELEASE (ctm src-4 1844).

Best regards,
PS. I've sent it to freebsd-stable but havn't got any response.
--=20
|/       |_,  _   .-  --,  Ju=BF z ka=BFdej strony pe=B3zn=B1, potworne =BF=
=B1dze
|__ |_|. | \ |_|. ._' /_.         B=EAd=EA uprawia=B3 nierz=B1d, za pieni=
=B1ze

--V0207lvV8h4k8FAm

--V0207lvV8h4k8FAm--