Date:      Sat, 27 Feb 2021 16:34:52 +0100
From:      Arrigo Marchiori <ardovm@yahoo.it>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Trying do mount a slice containing a mounted partition makes the filesystem unreadable

Hello Helge, and thank you for replying again.

On Sat, Feb 27, 2021 at 03:43:52PM +0100, Helge Oldach wrote:

> Arrigo Marchiori via freebsd-stable wrote on Sat, 27 Feb 2021 14:00:24 +0100 (CET):
> > On the memstick, the root filesystem is mounted read-only.  I
> > apologize, I should have told it explicitly.  The ``invalid'' attempt
> > is to mount it read-write (no mode is indicated on the command line).
>
> Try to make it r/w mounted (which I suspect you are attempting to
> achieve):
>
> mount -uw /

Ok, I will try this.

But just for the record: I am not try to achieve anything.  I gave the
``invalid'' mount command by mistake (I wanted to mount a partition
from another disk and wrote "da0" instead of "da1") and I saw that the
system became unstable. I thought that this should not happen and I
reported it here.

Best regards,
--
Arrigo