Date:      Wed, 26 Jan 2000 10:56:25 -0500
From:      Tom Embt <tom@embt.com>
To:        Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: My ATAPI CD not come ready

At 22:01 01/25/2000 +0100, you wrote:
>It seems Tom Embt wrote:
>> Don't mean to butt in here, I haven't really been following the thread -
>> but I may have found a workaround/clue.  I have a Sony CDU-55E (ooold 2x)
>> on secondary master of the PIIX4 on my BP6.  By going into the BIOS (the
>> section of it where you would set CHS numbers, LBA, etc) and changing the
>> secondary master device from "none" to "auto", I have gone from:
>>=20
>> BTW, this was on a kernel from around 20:00 GMT Jan 25
>
>Interesting...
>
>What version is you ata-all.c ?? its damn close to the commit I just
>made, that should fix that problem...
>
>-S=F8ren

That was with 1.43

I just updated all the files in /usr/src/sys/dev/ata (ata-all.c v1.44) and
made a new kernel.  While rebooting I set the BIOS back to "none" and
watched FreeBSD boot.  No error :) - then I rebooted to kernel.old (1.43)
without touching the BIOS and the error came back.

Looks like you got it.

Tom Embt
tom@embt.com