Date:      Tue, 18 Nov 2003 09:11:55 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        roth@iam.unibe.ch
Cc:        howells@kde.org
Subject:   Re: BSD support?

In message: <20031118135259.GA20592@lara.unibe.ch>
            Tobias Roth <roth@iam.unibe.ch> writes:
: so i tend to tell them that i tried two different machines, two different
: operating systems and two spare parts of every peripheral. that usually
: makes them surrender :-)

Yes.  I've hit the "So, you sound like a computer professional."
conversation tidbit on the Indian Telecenter cheat sheet several
times.

I try not to lie, but I'll often not tell the whole truth.  It is the
same thing that if someone asks me how I'm doing.  I'd usually tell
them something like "lousy" but wouldn't tell them the details if they
are personal ("I ran into the table last night and racked myself and
now I have a big bruise on my penis").  It is the same with tech
support.  They just need to know that the disk drive is failing, they
don't need to know the details.

Warner