Date:      Wed, 29 Dec 1999 15:47:20 +0100 (CET)
From:      Arjan van der Oest <arjan@nl.demon.net>
To:        Will Andrews <andrews@TECHNOLOGIST.COM>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD and Perl

On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, Will Andrews wrote:

> You can probably comment this "-*-perl-*-" out on a line below
> #!/usr/bin/perl (not #!/bin/perl since Perl is installed in /usr by
> default on FreeBSD).

We can just delete the entire sting, but that is no solution. We have
customers who upload scripts to this webserver.

Something is different and atm we're hacking into the kernel and now it's
passing the entire shell argument as one argument into perl (which is
believed to be the correct historical behaviour).

> I'm afraid that the original programmer likes Emacs. ;)

I'm afraid a lot of ready-to-fly scripts out there contain this line and
somehow break with the original 3.3 kernel.

> I stop here at the risk of triggering a holy war. *grin*

:-)

ao
--
arjan van der oest - systems administrator - arjan@nl.demon.net