Date:      Sat, 18 Jul 1998 16:41:43 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        kent@iastate.edu, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        xfree86@xfree86.org
Subject:   Re: XFree and -current

On Fri, Jul 17, 1998 at 06:54:34PM -0500, Kent Vander Velden wrote:

>   Starting a week ago after I installed a new kernel, XFree 3.3.2
> has become _very_ flaky.  The problem only seems to show up in 24 bit
> true-color mode.  Many programs such as Netscape die with, generally, a
> BadLength X error.  I am using the S3 server with a 4M STB Velocity 64.

Read the thread "State of current...".
Backout the last patch of /sys/kern/uipc_socket.c (1.41 -> 1.40)
This did the trick for many people reporting netscape instability.

--
Andreas Klemm                                http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/~andreas
     What gives you 90% more speed, for example, in kernel compilation ?