Date:      Fri, 15 Oct 2010 22:29:17 +0200
From:      Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@iet.unipi.it>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@freebsd.org>, freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   constraints on using cuse4bsd on stable/7 ?

Hi,
is there any strong issue in using cuse4bsd on stable/7 ?
Removing the OSVERSION check in the Makefile lets the
code build and load fine on 7.2-STABLE, and judging from
what the code does there should not be much of an issue
in using it on earlier versions ?

I am asking because I would like to build some passthru
device to create a video source that captures from x11
of even better from an external program so i can reuse
existing x11 capture programs.

cheers
luigi