Date:      Thu, 27 May 2010 20:12:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
To:        Mark Morley <mark@islandnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NFS trouble on 7.3-STABLE i386

On Wed, 26 May 2010, Mark Morley wrote:

> Thanks, but unfortunately it didn't work.  Rebooted it four hours ago with the patch in place and at the moment I have seven nfsd processes stuck in that state.
>
> Could it indicate a problem with the underlying disk system?  It's an aac0 raid, but it has no errors and the controller indicates all is well, so I doubt it.

Just about anything is possible. All we seem to know at this point is that
it is some change that went in between 7.1->7.3. It also doesn't appear to
be the only change that was done to the nfs server during this period.

Any change applied to the aac driver might be a factor, but??

Is anyone else seeing this problem (nfsd threads stuck in wchan "ufs")
on FreeBSD7.3?

rick