Date:      Sat, 30 Aug 2003 15:15:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        JS479 <js479@comcast.net>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Just saying Hi to everyone!

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003, JS479 wrote:

> Hello Everyone, I just wanted to say Hi.  I just installed FreeBSD 5.0
> and I have very very little experience with any type of Unix/Linux
> systems. I am currently enrolled in a Network Administration/ Network
> Security class at a local technical college and want to get some in
> depth experience with a Unix like OS. So I'm sure you will be
> answering lots of my silly questions in the future.

Welcome to the happy throng. Two things you should probably be aware of.
First, 5.0 is a "developer's release," meaning that it's got a lot of
rough edges that we're currently working on smoothing out. As a new
user, you'd be much happier with the 4.8 release, or the upcoming 4.9
release.

Second, this list is chartered for discussing new user experiences...
not questions. So, if you have any questions, you should ask them on the
freebsd-questions list. The folks there will be very glad to help you.

Enjoy,

Doug