Date:      Mon, 16 Jun 2014 14:54:33 -0700
From:      Patrick <gibblertron@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ruby@freebsd.org
Subject:   /usr/local/bin/ruby et al

Is there any official way to have non-versioned links created in
/usr/local/bin/ruby when installing from a precompiled package?

ie. If I have DEFAULT_VERSIONS=ruby=2.0 in my /etc/make.conf and I run: pkg
install ruby20, I'd love if /usr/local/bin/ruby, /usr/local/bin/irb, etc.
were created instead of ruby20, irb20, etc.

I know the Makefile in the port does this providing the default version is
set. Or would it work if I built my own ruby20 package using Poudriere in
an environment where the default version was set?

Patrick