Date:      Fri, 28 Sep 2001 13:09:42 -0500
From:      "Matthew Rezny" <mrezny@umr.edu>
To:        "alpha@freebsd.org" <alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   the -O2 flag

Now that I"ve created make.conf to set my architecture so that gcc
doesn't crash while compiling KDE with -O as is the default, I have
another question. Somehow it still ends up with -O2 in the Makefiles
that the configure script builds. g++ gives a big warning about known
optimizer bugs on this platform with that switch. Now does this mean
gcc might crash while compiling or that it may produce bad object code?
I've always tried to edit that flag out of makefiles, but this damn
thing has a makefile in every subdirectory so I'd have to edit several
dozen.