Date:      Wed, 16 Dec 2009 11:32:23 -0500
From:      Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-stable-local@be-well.ilk.org>
To:        Jordi Espasa Clofent <jespasac@minibofh.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Error upgrading 7.0 to 7.2 (buildword in gnu/usr.bin/binutils/libopcodes setp)

Jordi Espasa Clofent <jespasac@minibofh.org> writes:

> Lowell Gilbert escribi=F3:
>
>> Does it always happen in the same place (if not, it's a hardware
>> problem)?
>
> Hi Lowel,
>
> Yes, always at same point.

Good.  Based on the information you gave, I was expecting a hardware
problem.

>> Does it happen the same way without the '-j' option (that can make the
>> output less useful)?
>
> Wonderful. I've used times the same command (1) without -j flag
> and... it works perfectly!
> It's curious, because of I always use the -j flag in buildworld with
> successs. It has been the first time that I've experienced this
> problem....

buildworld is supposed to work with -j, but I've never used a value that
large.  Unless you have 8 or more CPU cores available, I would expect
builds to be faster if you reduced that value.

> (1) chflags -R noschg /usr/obj/usr && cd /usr/src && make cleandir &&
> make cleandir && make -j10 buildworld

I don't think chflags should be needed any more.  The cleandir isn't
supposed to be necessary either; I only do that when I have a problem.=20

Glad to hear you're making progress.