Date:      Sun, 2 Apr 1995 07:47:34 -0700
From:      nate@sneezy.sri.com (Nate Williams)
To:        sos@login.dknet.dk (S|ren Schmidt)
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: grafx console & DDB

[ Not calling DDB if we are in graphics mode ]
> > Before Terry jumps in: i know that this is not the generic solution.
> > The console drivers should reinitialize the system's console via a
> > vm86() call to the video BIOS -- but i don't see this solution around
> > the corner within the next weeks.
>
> Why not, there was some vm86 patches posted here some time ago, and
> somebody said they where working on it.

That was me, but unfortunately the code posted to the NetBSD lists is
very NetBSD specific, and other problems have been taking up all of my
FreeBSD hacking time.

I'm not sure if I'll get time to do the work before 2.1 since more
critical stuff comes up all the time, so please don't rely on the VM86
code working by then.

Nate