Date:      Sat, 30 Jun 2001 05:47:49 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "E.B. Dreger" <eddy+public+spam@noc.everquick.net>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Quick question: AIO / SMP / process-based threading

Quick question(s):

1. Is AIO SMP-safe?

2. If not, how could one force coherency?  (Read and rewrite locked
   a word from each cache line?)  Is it worth the effort, or should
   one not use AIO across process boundaries?

I'm asking primarily about 4.x, unless anyone has good guesses of
how 5.x will be. ;-)

I'll also keep an eye out for KSEs... thanks to Terry and others
for alerting me to those.  (KSEs really answer most of my recent
questions, but I don't think that I can wait that long, nor do I
have the kernel background to really offer any assistance in the
KSE project...)

TIA,
Eddy

Brotsman & Dreger, Inc.
EverQuick Internet Division

Phone: +1 (316) 794-8922 Wichita/(Inter)national
Phone: +1 (785) 865-5885 Lawrence