Date:      Tue, 23 May 2000 09:14:18 -0300 (EST)
From:      Benicio Silva Gontijo <gontijo@dcc.ufmg.br>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Remote Filesystem in FreeBSD

	We are changing some systems calls in order to really implement
our  filesystem.
	We were dealing with NFS and discovered that it uses the function
getvfsbyname, that is implemented in libc, to decide which filesystems are
recognized. It uses a function called sysctl, also implemented in
libc, that passes the control to the kernel.
	We are having some troubles since  the libc that came with
the  FreeBSD3.1 CDROM doesn't compile. Do you know where we can get
another libc  version  that is compatible?
	The function sysctl calls another kernel function called __sysctl,
that is implemented in kern_sysctl.c. In this point, we are facing the following
problem:
	__sysctl is implemented with two parameters, but when it is called
by the libc sysctl, six parameters are passed.

	Please, can you help us ?

	Sinceraly,

	Adriano, Benicio e Eveline
	Graduate Students at UFMG - Belo Horizonte - Brazil