Date:      Wed, 18 Nov 1998 10:56:06 +0100
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Rogue Wave cross the line

Rogue Wave has (at vice-president level) been supporting Microsoft's
attempted destruction of Java:

	Also during the panel, Scot Wingo, a vice president at
	Microsoft ally RogueWave Software Inc., defended Microsoft's
	moves to modify Java to make it specific to the Windows
	platform. A lot of developers are only targeting the Windows
	platform, he said, and shouldn't have to sacrifice performance
	for the sake of portability he said.

The quote is from the bottom of this webpage:
http://www.computerworld.com/home/news.nsf/all/9811172java

I've contacted them to tell that I won't be purchasing software from
them again.  If you should wish to do the same, the most appropriate
address seems to be websales@roguewave.com.

Feel free to forward this message; we now return you to your regularly
scheduled off-topic discussion :-)

Eivind.