Date:      Fri, 21 Jul 1995 18:57:27 -0700
From:      "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        nate@sneezy.sri.com (Nate Williams), Karl Denninger <karl@Mcs.Net>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Support charges ( was Re: SUP target for -STABLE...)

I think that Karl should shell out thousands of dollars and we split
the difference amongs us for all the work that we have done
in FreeBSD :)

Another way of looking at it, is that commericial interests may
not necessarily coincide with the efforts of volunteers or the
required environment may not be applicable to most programers; for instance,
support for T1 links, problems with the system when it has 128 users or
so. Should I go out and buy the necessary equipment to debug such
a problem? The other class of problems is the one that may required
hardware assist such as a Periscope.

Last but not least paying for support may get you into a higher priority.

	Enjoy,
	Amancio