Date:      Mon, 2 Jan 1995 17:35:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      Sherman F Mui <smui@sparta.sjsu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Tape drive troubls (still)

A few people have replied to me, all of them telling me about 'ft' and
how to use it.

I tried it with tar: machine panics, get a nice 17 meg dump.

Tried it with dump: machine just reboots, no 17 meg dump though...

Each attempt never accesses the tape drive (light never turns on). Just
the hd light stays on for a while. Nothing works, then reboots.

Since no one metioned anything about my kernel changes, I assume they're
correct...

So if no one knows what's wrong, I guess I'll have to go back and get
another one. Anyone have specific tape drive models (floppy based) that
work with FreeBSD 1.1.5.1, and are fairly high capacity, and low priced.

	Sherman