Date:      Sat, 16 May 1998 16:48:12 +0400
From:      =?koi8-r?B?4c7E0sXKIP7F0s7P1w==?= <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
To:        Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/libexec/ftpd ftpd.c

On Sat, May 16, 1998 at 02:01:14PM +0200, Eivind Eklund wrote:
> Hey!  This sounds like it break my setups (I carefully clone
> /etc/localtime into <chroot>/etc) by forcing everything to use GMT -
> does it?

/etc/localtime cloning not described in any anon ftp account setup and is
non-standard.  Moreover doing so you can produce only mess because FTP
protocol can't tell timezone in anycase, i.e. GMT is best assumption
otherwise all dates and times printed out are not more then junk, they not
means anything _real_ because outside connections can't assume anything
excepting GMT. If you can't pass parameter outside (time zone offset) just
don't use it, otherwise you have hand full of fake dates. When FTP
protocol will implement zoneinfo setup, forcing GMT will be removed.

--
Andrey A. Chernov
http://www.nagual.pp.ru/~ache/