Date:      Tue, 29 Apr 1997 15:51:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        "Stephen A. Derdau" <sderdau@xtdl.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MX records

On Tue, 29 Apr 1997, Stephen A. Derdau wrote:
> My question deals with email to a domain that we do virtual hosting for.
> We have the domain name pointing to us however the email part of this
> will be pointing do another server at another company.

In the /etc/namedb/db.domain zone file for this domain, add/change
the MX records

domain.com.	IN A your.ip.address.for.the.website
			IN MX 10 the.fqdn.they.gave.you.
			IN MX 20 the.other.fqdn.they.gave.you.

repeat for www.domain.com

NB. the dots at the end of domain.com. and the domains on the
MX lines are important.  Make sure you include them.

And make sure you increase the serial number in the SOA record.

Also, take Josef's advice and get DNS and BIND.  If you are
taking over DNS you'll need it, very well written (like all
ORA books).

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com