Date:      Fri, 22 May 1998 22:59:29 +0100 (BST)
From:      Ben Cohen <bjc23@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
To:        Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <cschuber@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
Cc:        Billy Thompson <billy@idiom.com>, Frank Pawlak <fpawlak@execpc.com>, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD A Solution For Business

> > I think what is absolutely necessary to this would be a graph comparison
> > between Win NT and FreeBSD.  Start with a lite load then keep pushing it
> > up until both systems are crawling.  This would demostrate not only how
> > reliable FreeBSD is on the SAME hardware, but also how much better it is
> > (since I'm sure there will be obviously better performance from FreeBSD).
>
> You'd probably want to throw Linux into the mix too...

Yes---add basically as many (but not too many) graphs as are relevant and
advantageous.

e.g.:

Graphs of:

Price/performance for different OSs
         (Can this be quantified? Or just prices.)
Relative OS speeds under different server loads
Security (& can give specific examples e.g. teardrop)
Average server uptime till crash or reboot necessary
(Minimum) Hardware Requirements (?)

OSs:

SCO
FreeBSD