Date:      Wed, 11 Dec 1996 18:55:48 +0100 (MET)
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.de>
To:        jgrosch@xsvr2.cup.hp.com (Josef C. Grosch)
Cc:        andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu, jehamby@lightside.com, chat@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD Chat)
Subject:   Re: I'll be in Silicon Valley next week...

Josef C. Grosch writes:
> On Dec 10,  5:48pm, Greg Lehey wrote:
>> Subject: Re: I'll be in Silicon Valley next week...
>>>
>>> I'm always up for a get together. I work in Cupertino so I might be able to
>>> scout out a few places to try.
>>
>> OK.  Any suggestions?  This thing has sort of dried up.
>>
>> I'm flying on Thursday, and will be available most days until the
>> following Thursday.  How do Saturday or Sunday the 14th/15th sound?
>>
>> Greg
>>
>> -- End of excerpt from Greg Lehey
>

> Either Saturday or Sunday night sounds great. I'll have to check with the
> social director, my wife but I'm sure we can make it. How does Italian sound?

Italian sounds great.  I even seem to remember a place down Saratoga
way which was very good, but it's been a while, so I'll take your
suggestions.

I've screwed up a bit here by saving individual replies in folders for
their senders, so I've forgotten who's on the list so far.  All I have
is:

   Annelise Anderson
   Josef C. Grosch
   Jake Hamby

I think that there were one or two more, but I can't find the names.
In any case, I'm flying tomorrow, and communication might be a bit
difficult, so here's how to contact me:

1.  Thanks to Jonathan Bresler, I should be able to read mail.  Don't
    count on me finding a connect to the Internet by the weekend,
    however.

2.  I'm staying at the Marriott Courtyard, 10605 North Wolfe Road,
    Cupertino.  Phone: 408-252-9100.  This is right by the Wolfe exit
    on 280 (turn towards Sunnyvale).  You can leave a message for me
    if other things fail.  I'll be working at Tandem, just round the
    corner, but I don't have a usable phone number yet.

Looks like Jake can only make it on Saturday, and Annelise can only
make it on Sunday.  Since there are so many of us :-) we might make
two meetings of it.  I don't have anything planned at all for the
weekend, so we can see what we can do.

How about some suggestions from the other side?  If you can send me at
least your phone numbers by tomorrow morning (my time, not yours,
which means tonight your time), I'll contact you when I get there if I
can't read my mail.  I'd also like to hear from a few more people
who'd like to join the get-together.

Greg