Date:      Tue, 1 Feb 2000 09:48:20 -0600 (CST)
From:      Gene Harris <zeus@tetronsoftware.com>
To:        Joseph Wright <jwright@mbakercorp.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD w/ Apache

First,

Can the boxes on the LAN ping the Apache server's address?

If you can ping the ip address, can you ping using the
server's name?  If not, then your DNS is not configured
properly or you need to add manual entries to your hosts
files on your LAN clients if you are not using DNS.

If you have a firewall enabled, is port 80 accessible
outside the firewall?

Have you tried accessing the web server using ip addresses
instead of names?

Are your LAN clients using IP?  If you are using MS Proxy
server and forcing ipx protocol, then you will have
problems.

In the future, a little better description of the problem
would help.  Such as, I can connect to my Apache server
locally using http://localhost or http://Apache, but my LAN
clients time out with a DNS error or a host not found error,
etc.

*Gene Harris      http://www.tetronsoftware.com*
*FreeBSD Novice                                *