Date:      Fri, 4 Apr 2003 11:19:59 -0800
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@freebsd.org>
To:        Ken Mays <kmays2000@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.8-RELEASE status

--tBhgiDt8dP1efIIJ

On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 12:01:10PM -0500, Ken Mays wrote:
> guess people want to know which mirrors are holding the OFFICIAL ISO
> releases before they spend the time downloading them.

Please ready my message sent to announce@FreeBSD.org, which
specifically says:

"images, but they will at least be available from:

  ftp.FreeBSD.org
  ftp12.FreeBSD.org
  ftp14.FreeBSD.org
  ftp.au.FreeBSD.org
  ftp.es.FreeBSD.org
  ftp2.de.FreeBSD.org
  ftp4.de.FreeBSD.org
  ftp7.de.FreeBSD.org
  ftp.tw.FreeBSD.org
  ftp6.tw.FreeBSD.org"

Those mirror operators were the first ones to confirm to me that they
had the correct updated ISO images.  That is how I always do the
announce messages -- I send out a message to hubs@ asking for the
mirror ops to mail me privately when they've finished transferring the
release, and I include the first 10 or so in my message.

> Thanks again. Please announce which mirrors carry the official release of
> v4.8  (ftp1-14.freebsd.org). If you did already and I missed it, then
> thanks! ;o)

Yes, you missed it.  See the announce message.

     - Murray

--tBhgiDt8dP1efIIJ

--tBhgiDt8dP1efIIJ--