Date:      Thu, 23 Apr 1998 19:49:15 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: next stages in devfs

>* There needs to be a handler for extended DOS partitions.
>	I need a tester for that too.. :-)
>
>What is a good naming scheme for extended partitions?
>an extended partition in sd0s1 would start sd0s1x1 as a suggestion

No, we should stick with the current scheme where they are called
	sd0s5, sd0s6 ...

They are not as general as their on-disk structure may lead you
to belive: in reality they are just a linked list of partitions.

We should also start to add slicers for Mac, Sun and other such
layouts.

"ttyv0" -- What UNIX calls a $20K state-of-the-art, 3D, hi-res color terminal