Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 2003 09:15:34 -0600
From:      "Kent Oxley" <oxleyk@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Boot problem

Hello all,

Over the past two months I have been tinkering with various flavors of Linux
and last week I decided to try FreeBSD.  [Yes, I know it isn't Linux]

I installed FreeBSD last night for the second time on a Dell Dimension but
when I restarted, the computer goes into a continual boot-loop and won't go
past the "F1 Default" message before it restarts.  This problem occurred the
first time I installed it also.

While I have years of MS-DOS, Mac, and Windows experience, I'm new to
Unix/Linux and don't know where to start troubleshooting this issue.

Thanks for your help.

Kent

Compare high-speed Internet plans, starting at $26.95.