Date:      Mon, 5 Oct 1998 14:07:56 -0700 ()
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
To:        "James Akiba (from laptop)" <jim@giganet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: first commands and stuff

> would be too embarrased to ask... They say: "wakkata?" ... I say: "Uh...
> oh... yeah... thanks..."  So what do you folks think... is it worth it to
> learn vi over ee?  Is it much more powerful or flexible than say ee?

	The theory behind learning vi is that EVERY unix system has it.
It makes it that much easier to go between different flavors very easily.

> freeBSD hehe) ... can't pinpoint it, but it is one of my favorite parts of
> being "online" :) And if I find Greg's book and it won't deprive me of my
> next meal or rent money I'll be sure to pick it up... BTW could someone
> with the book give me any details (ISBN# publisher, etc)

	I believe if you goto www.cdrom.com and check out the actual
price, you'd be pretty surprised what it'll cost you. It's a tad bit
expensive yes, but I have a hard time imagining shipping being MORE then
$20 for it.

> PS  what the heck is "nethack"? I have no man pages for it... sounds great
> anyways... hehe

	It's a game I believe....:) I think Sue is addicted to it...
*grin*

							Rick