Date:      Tue, 16 Dec 1997 23:21:45 -0800
From:      "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
To:        NetSonic <adam@netsonic.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Speaking of hardware

>Anyone have any recommended hardware vendors.  I have used tccomputers and
>cdw and have been happy.. just looking for alternatives for the servers
>(Pent Pro 200's and PII 300's) as we are adding a box every six weeks so we
>should probly find one reliable vendor.

I have been very happy with both CDW and Insight for general PC stuff.
They're both very highly recommended (by me).

Bason is where I usually get hard drives:
http://www.basoncomputer.com/.

I buy a lot of memory from The Chip Merchant:
http://www.thechipmerchant.com/.  They also have good prices on CPUs,
and sell boxed CPUs if you like a little more warranty and the warm
fuzzies that your chip is genuinely marked (though I trust them enough
to sell me correctly marked chips unboxed).

TC is a good place to go for motherboards, with the limited experience
I've had.  Do NOT buy from Aberdeen -- they're nice and all, but it
takes two months to get service for defective parts, many times.

  Michael L. VanLoon                           michaelv@MindBender.serv.net
      Contract software development for Windows NT, Windows 95 and Unix.
             Windows NT and Unix server development in C++ and C.